Author Topic: V-Force vs. Rad Valve  (Read 4220 times)

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
V-Force vs. Rad Valve
« on: October 05, 2004, 04:15:49 PM »
I would like more low to mid range punch. Which system is best V-Force or Rad Vavle. Does the reed block spacers really work and do they work  with these aftermarket reed blocks. 87 KX500.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
V-Force vs. Rad Valve
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 05:54:31 PM »
V-Force with low tension setting and a Moose reed spacer, get ready for the grunt-a-pot-a-most :lol:

Oh yeah, Rick says "get a flywheel weight" ;)

Rowdy-Yates

V-Force vs. Rad Valve
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 01:24:35 AM »
Paul what about a 1991 KX125 That year was not known for its Low range? Probably works across the board. Minus the fly wheel weight not sure what that would do to a 125???

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
V-Force vs. Rad Valve
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 05:56:07 AM »
Rowdy, are you looking for low-end? A Rad Valve is more what a 125 needs, as it helps boost the top-range. When I purchased my cr125 it had a V-Force and it ran great. Gave it a little low. But nothing to speak of, anyway, ended up robbing alot of top-end power. So, I replaced it with a rad valve. Couldn't be more happy. Much much more power in the top-range. Lost a little low, but it's a 125. I'd recommend a 250 if you are looking for a bike to grunt around on.

crazyryan

V-Force vs. Rad Valve
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 03:08:34 PM »
I run a spacer, rad valve, lectron 44mm carb and K&N filter that has a angled boot. Covered with a outerwear of course.  Everything fits great with no mods needed. Hold On!

reknelb

V-Force vs. Rad Valve
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 04:33:57 AM »
Which ever you decide on, make sure its what you want. I bought a RAD valve for my cr250. I ended up parting the bike out after only about 2 hours of use on the RAD valve. I cannot get rid of the thing. I've offered it up for half price on evil bay and havent been able to get rid of it. It even fits 86-98 years cr250's. I figured I would easily get $100 for it. I'm going to end up letting it go for probly 50 bucks ($159.00 new)

Offline GDubb

V-Force vs. Rad Valve
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 08:30:21 PM »
I'm thinkin that a friend of mine had the same problem on ebay with a brand new, never used, still in the box rad valve set-up for his 86 Honda 250R. If I remember correctly, it didnt even sell.
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -