Author Topic: New guy  (Read 3373 times)

Offline 4milshee

New guy
« on: December 22, 2012, 04:15:26 AM »
New guy here from NJ.
I just got a basket case 95 kx250. Sending it out for plating. The power valve was broke, the kick start shaft was broke, been left outside for a few years. I never had a kx before so I don't know much about them. Any one do any porting on these or do they make stroker cranks for these? I've had a few banshees so I'm familiar with 2 strokes and how to get power out of them. I'm gonna clutter up some threads with questions and ask some maybe obvious things so bare with me until I see this project through.

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
Re: New guy
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 04:28:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 04:33:34 AM »
Congrats on the bike. Post up some pics when it's done
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline 4milshee

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 04:39:52 AM »
Yeah I'm gonna try and keep everyone updated.

Looks wise it's not bad. But it's little things

Like the stick broken off in the drain plug that was totally stripped out. Kicker shaft was broken in half. The one power valve was broken, the front brake line was cut. It needs a little love and attention so I'm glad I picked it up and can bring it back

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 04:45:27 AM »

Oh that sucks....I will say,that,that's the 1st time I've seen someone try to plug up a drain plug with a stick.Did the guy tell you about it,or did you find it like that on your own?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline 4milshee

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 04:51:37 AM »
The bike was left with a repossessed house. The guy is in jail and lost everything to my girlfriends dad. He said if I can fix it I can have it. So I first figured it was a simple fix but the more I dove in the worse it got.

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »
Yeah I'm gonna try and keep everyone updated.

Looks wise it's not bad. But it's little things

Like the stick broken off in the drain plug that was totally stripped out. Kicker shaft was broken in half. The one power valve was broken, the front brake line was cut. It needs a little love and attention so I'm glad I picked it up and can bring it back

Those are the same graphics that came on Motorrads "Jeff Ward" KX500 when he bought it  :lol:..........welcome to the site.  I've had RD's and RZ's in the past which were powered by the same basic motor in the shee's......Eveyone here is knowledgable and cool so ask away dude.
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline 4milshee

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 09:32:17 AM »
I wanto to get all new plastics and graphics for the thing. I found some ufo plastics on amazon for pretty cheap.