Author Topic: Another Dutch KX hero  (Read 2688 times)

Offline 89EVOBart

Another Dutch KX hero
« on: November 09, 2012, 08:48:57 AM »
Hi,

My name is Bart, a friend gave me a link tho this forum and what i have seen so far looks really nice!

I am from The Netherlands and been riding dirtbikes for a couple of years now, for the last 4-5 year it was KTM all the way (sx 125, sxf 250, sx 250) but then the same friend told me about the dutch pre 90 championships. Went looking at a few races and i was hooked....

Sold the KTM SXS250 and went looking for a 89 model 250 2 stroke. At first i was looking for a CR250 but then a 89 kx250 came to my attention. Found out some info on the web and gave the seller al call... the same evening it was standing in my workshop.

This is what it looked like:

the engine was a complete mess...the previous owner didn't used any gaskets at all:

the frame was pretty crusty at the bottom...

but that wasn't such a problem:

all shiny and new power coat:

sandblasted some brackets and some other parts

and yesterday i screwed on the new alloy radiators

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Another Dutch KX hero
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »
Welcome Bart....yeah,I've never seen so much red RTV on any motor...that's just ugly :cry:...what you've done so far looks pretty nice...good work!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:17:01 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline 89EVOBart

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »
Part 2:

sandblasted the swing arm, and polished the outsides:

and my top piece...

The original cylinder was wrecked, getting it resealed turned out to be quite expansive... so i went looking on eBay en other forums and found this thing:

It is a stock cylinder..nothing special. But this one is prepared by Eric Gorr and bored out to 265cc and had a bit of flowing done.

and yesterday i ordered a complete new plastic kit, factory look decal kit and a i am waiting for a Pro Circuit exhaust system...  :evil:

Offline 89EVOBart

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:04:16 AM »
and because building the 89 KX will take some time... i also bought a modern KX250. It is a 2006 KX250 with a few mods but nothing special so far... took it out to the track a few times but somehow i doesn't feel quite right... I was used to my KTM SXS250 so this is a few steps back i guess...