Author Topic: Old Guy FINALLY gets his "dream bike"....  (Read 2456 times)

Offline motojunkie74

Old Guy FINALLY gets his "dream bike"....
« on: November 05, 2012, 04:59:55 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Robert,im from a small town called Ayden,here in North Cackalacki. I just recently purchased a 1987 KX 500 off E-bay for a very reasonable price..(i think)...and im in the process of restoring/updating it. I have always wanted one of these bikes,from the time i was able to throw a leg over,and kick start my first dirtbike...and now i have one. Im sure ill be frequenting this site quite often,and look forward to meeting/talking to its members. Just wanted to make my introduction,and say hello!.....Now im off to scoure the site for ideas!
Cheers!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Old Guy FINALLY gets his "dream bike"....
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 08:58:20 PM »
Welcome Robert,and congrats on getting your K5!...alot of great info and alot of great guys on here that'll be willing to help with any questions you have.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline motojunkie74

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:38:20 PM »
Thanks Foxx.....i look forward to talking about,and learning more about my K5. I was once told that riding a K5 was like " Lassoing a Ferrari with a bungie cord....just on dirt".....so im REALLY looking forward to seeing if thats true or not!...LOL!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 06:20:50 AM »
just prepare to smile "alot".... just before,and after you go for a rip on it 8-)
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 07:41:38 AM »
,,, and get the crap scared out of you now and then! Best not to let your mind wander when you are riding one of these. Reminds me of a horse I used to ride that would try and get you off his back if he had ANY thought you were not paying attention. Lots of good info here! Use the 'search' often and you will use up many hours reading!
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...