Author Topic: MPS  (Read 11873 times)

Offline Dean

MPS
« on: October 30, 2012, 11:25:42 AM »
has anyone had much to do with mps,im building an 06 conversion,through them and having a little trouble with the pipe he sent me ,and quality of some of the parts.if anyone out there can fab a pipe for me it would be much appreciated. :-)

Offline alward25

Re: MPS
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:40:30 AM »
I have heard all bad.  The list is long of how many people have been screwed over by them.  JFab has good solutions for the pipe.

Alex
"Let there be light"

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:29:36 AM »
I to went the MPS route for my frame and got one of his or dyno port pipes that fit like crap i ended up going to service honda for the pipe and radiator hoses,Im going to be real honest here hope no body takes it to heart but george at mps sucks if i lived half way close to his shop i would have paid him a personal visit,just my rant. :x

Offline jBernard

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 05:47:53 AM »
its good to be honest here. will save some of our fellow riders a lot of $$$.
all ive ever heard was negative from MPS, ive seen plenty of pictures that leaves me scratching my head on how he actually sells his stuff.
'09 KX500AF - never ending project
'14 KTM 300SX

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 07:08:44 AM »
I could go on and on about my experiance with MPS LETS JUST SAY DONT GO WITH HIM.if any one wants more details just ask ill give you my # just pm me.

Offline scooterVOOII

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 01:48:06 PM »
I can emphatically agree with SHLEPY.  I have been trashing this guys work over at VitalMX and bannedCR500riders site because of the piece of junk that he converted for me.  I took him my frame and it was HORRIBLE when I got it back.  Motor wouldn't fit down between the mounts, headstay was a joke, a rubber coupler from what I think was a water heater to slide over the 4-stroke airboot to make it fit onto the 500 carb.  Lol. THAT was a real piece of engineering.  Gave me some REAL attitude when I called him to ask what the workmanship was all about.  Just brutal.  Paid a local welder to straighten the mess up, I wouldn't even take it back to him.  Not even interested in seeing him or having him try to correct it.  Nasty bit of business with him.
DISCLAIMER:  The opinion expressed here is mine, and mine alone.  However, it is the truth.  KXRiders.com has no involvement in this post, and their allowing this post is not to be construed as participating in slamming George's work, or recommending you should not do business with him.

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »
Yep punk a&& for sure i just live to far away and wished i would have filed a complaint but its been almost a year oh ya i didnt even get a pink slip :|

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 08:58:32 AM »
Dont feel bad Dean i got exactly every thing your stating ,to the tee, i personally would be ashamed to send stuff like that out.

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 04:58:27 PM »
Dean i purchased a 2008 kx450 complete bike he ended up keeping the motor it was 300 shiping and a 6 hour round trip i ended up paying 5500 for what was to be a drop in roller...........NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT HE SIAD  :-o

Offline Dean

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 01:19:03 PM »
since i posted on here last i have been speaking to george via email,he has been very reasonable,and helping me with the things i was unhappy about with bike,wether or not george comes through with wat he said i dont know yet..but if he does i will be happy to let everyone know that he has been helpful, and as i said i will delete anything bad i have said about mps..but i will keep you guys updated on how i go with george good or bad 

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 01:31:54 PM »
All i can say is good luck to you,when i called to let him know i was un happy he more or less just siad let him know how it turns out and from that point on i new i was on my own.tooooo many people with toooooo many complaints good luck Dean.

Offline scooterVOOII

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 11:36:50 AM »
I really hope it works out for you Dean. Just a thought here. George and I have been going toe to toe over at VitalMX for a couple of weeks. He finally showed up there, after I've been slagging him AND his workmanship for a couple of years.  Perhaps he's just now decided to kiss your hiney, in hopes of a better rep. I posted I saw your thread over there, and it had under 250 views from Oct 30. I jumped in here to post a week ago, and in 2 1/2 days it jumped to over 430. I think people over there are paying attention, and he knows it. I absolutely WILL NOT give him the chance to fix the mess he made of mine, just done with him. Hope it all comes together for you.

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 01:02:20 PM »
Wtf is up with this guy has he dissed the whole dang riding community on the net,i thought i was over this but im starting to get pissed again,what did he do for you scooter.

Offline scooterVOOII

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 01:36:21 PM »
Lol. Oh man. Read my first post in this and that's the TIP of the iceberg. Just BUTCHERED my conversion. Beyond brutal. I am going to post the WHOLE story, with pics,here and at Vital around Xmas. I'm 2000 miles away from that bike now, working in the oil patch. Will have a couple weeks off to disassemble it and show the true HATCHET job that is MPS' finest. I'm on an I Phone and it's too much typing with fat fingers to get into on this. Plus I'm in line waiting to unload crude oil so not enough time. Stay tuned, details to follow. LOTS of them. Lol

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 05:16:16 PM »
Un f__king real.