Author Topic: Fork Springs and Clutch Cable  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Big Yac

Fork Springs and Clutch Cable
« on: October 15, 2012, 05:33:37 PM »
I rode my bike this weekend after a few months of not being able to and gosh I missed it.  I know I need a new clutch cable but have had trouble finding one.  I hope I don't have any major issues but each clutch cable(Motion Pro) I ordered was too short, I couldn't get any play at all.  This happened 3 times and each cable was definitely labeled KX 500.  Anyone else have this problem with their 500?  Mine is a 99 by the way. 
Also, I had my rear suspension set for my weight but am having trouble finding fork springs, I think it called for a .57kg spring, the largest Race Tech has is a .48kg.  Any ideas on where I can find heavier fork springs?  Thanks.

Offline Big Yac

Re: Fork Springs and Clutch Cable
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:07:44 PM »
Another couple of questions.  I need a new clutch basket.  Who makes them, besides stock for a 99 KX 500?  The other question.  Who still makes a triple clamp, both top and bottom?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:11:02 PM by Big Yac »

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:42:39 AM »
For your clutch cable oddly enough i bought the i think it was like 3 bucks but definably under 5 dollars for a sunline green clutch cable from rockymountain and it works good. i was skeptical about the price but it looked no better then any other clutch cable ive bought, except it was neon green lol
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 01:17:48 AM »
The reason the cables are too short is your clutch plates need to be replaced, Motion Pro cables are good quality. My K5 did not have an adjuster on the clutch perch when received from the previous owner & finally realized why afterward.
DoldGuy
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline Big Yac

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 09:36:01 AM »
you know, I kind of had a feeling it was something having to do with the clutch plates and I"m sure the basket needing replaced too.  Thanks for the advice.  Anyone have an idea about the fork springs?    :-D