Author Topic: 2001 KX500 Kawasaki Supermoto  (Read 322297 times)

Offline 81cr450

Re: 2001 KX500 Kawasaki Supermoto
« Reply #600 on: April 04, 2015, 12:09:28 PM »
nice!!....that baby's got "GOLF COURSE" written aaaaaaaaaallllllllll over it! :mrgreen:

A man after my own heart. I day dreamed near continuously while I owned my banshee of a night time jaunt on on the local 18 holes. Particularly when they'd had the sprinklers on. It's small town here & the course is right near the trail head where you could just disappear on the mountain. Of course having just typed this I'm pretty well implicating myself if it ever does happen  :cry:
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #601 on: April 04, 2015, 12:20:21 PM »
Interesting that they wanted to put it back together again. Both of mine have had the ends cut off (arthritis) while repairing rotator cuff injuries. The weird thing is the remaining bone will grow calcium straight out. Looks like a pure white extension on the end of the bone on the x-rays. I was part of a study group to have the 'anomaly' checked out by X-rays at no cost to me. I have a couple of cool video's of the original operation when they ground off the ends.
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #602 on: April 04, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »
nice!!....that baby's got "GOLF COURSE" written aaaaaaaaaallllllllll over it! :mrgreen:

A man after my own heart. I day dreamed near continuously while I owned my banshee of a night time jaunt on on the local 18 holes. Particularly when they'd had the sprinklers on. It's small town here & the course is right near the trail head where you could just disappear on the mountain. Of course having just typed this I'm pretty well implicating myself if it ever does happen  :cry:

I say it only because we've lost SOOOOOO much land that used to PRIME trails and old fast fire roads from the 1940's and 1950's over the last 30 years, that got plowed into these....(I hate to say it), beautiful golf facilities....and the 1st thing that comes to mind whenever I see a beautifully landscaped/manicured course is...."I'd love to rip across that with a fresh Terra-Flex strapped on the rear!!" :evil:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 12:51:39 PM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #603 on: April 04, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
That would be great until you got cuffed  8-)

working where "I" do....I wouldn't be too concerned with the law :wink:
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #604 on: April 04, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »
"I'd love to rip across that with a fresh Terra-Flex strapped on the rear!!" :evil:

How do you like that tire? Would you please compare it to other types you have used? Thanks.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #605 on: April 04, 2015, 01:49:35 PM »
"I'd love to rip across that with a fresh Terra-Flex strapped on the rear!!" :evil:

How do you like that tire? Would you please compare it to other types you have used? Thanks.

I haven't bought one in a few years....but,
they're really heavy, big, and wear faster than I'd like to see for the amount they cost....but when they're new, hold the f**k on, cause they do hook up!!
overall, I won't buy them anymore...my terrain chews em up too quick, even though I'm in mostly sand, it's a course sand with a lot of stones, and some black loam trails.
And they're just too "heavy"...you really notice it, over a 120 or 130 Dunlop or Michelin.

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #606 on: April 04, 2015, 02:13:21 PM »
When I was a kid we'd wet the lawn & slide the 3 wheeler , it was a riot

I love the tflex , other than wear = 6 short rides to bald, have you run one since they came back to the U.S. ?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #607 on: April 04, 2015, 02:23:24 PM »
have you run one since they came back to the U.S. ?

the last time I ran one was in 2011...I'm not sure if that would be inside that time frame or not.

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #608 on: April 04, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »
That would be the edge of the China version supposed to be better now. TSL , the super swamped guys, make it now

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #609 on: April 04, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »
I could sure make that hub look nice  :-D
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #610 on: April 08, 2015, 08:50:30 AM »
Well.... We will see how it does soon enough  :-o

The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #611 on: April 08, 2015, 09:31:24 AM »
let's get some video footage of the night train running through the desert! :mrgreen:

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #612 on: April 08, 2015, 12:02:49 PM »
That one looks a lot like the one that got taken?!?! Sure you didn't just loose it in the garage and re-discover it? 😜

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #613 on: April 08, 2015, 05:13:04 PM »
That one looks a lot like the one that got taken?!?! Sure you didn't just loose it in the garage and re-discover it? 😜

I wish....

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #614 on: August 06, 2015, 11:56:10 AM »
Something good is going on...

Can you guess??

I knew you could..