Author Topic: DOGBONES Custom made DOGBONES  (Read 86387 times)

Offline conbread

Re: DOGBONES Custom made DOGBONES
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2013, 01:11:35 PM »
make sure you set the sag up like its suppose to be... they deff made my bike turn and ride alot better.. thanks guys..

also procircuit still list these for the kx450 in the 132.5mm for $224.00... thats crazy..

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2013, 10:37:28 AM »
I ordered a set today!  Can't wait to throw em on the bike!
I recieved the dog bones from Emig, and they do look to be very well made.  However, upon comparison with the stock KX500 dog bones, I am wishing that the Emig made parts had the steel bushings in the bolt holes that the factory parts have.  I am a bit concerned about the holes in the new Emig dog bones becoming oval shaped with use.

Anyone have any thoughts about this?  Am I worrying too much?  :?

Motorrad

« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2013, 02:11:46 PM »
I recieved the dog bones from Emig, and they do look to be very well made.  However, upon comparison with the stock KX500 dog bones, I am wishing that the Emig made parts had the steel bushings in the bolt holes that the factory parts have.  I am a bit concerned about the holes in the new Emig dog bones becoming oval shaped with use.

I have emig bones on my KTM that have beet across country off road 3 times.  And have over 18,000 miles off road on them..  With ZERO wear...     Needless to say...  Your over thinking / worrying. 

Offline Pmcg

« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2013, 03:38:42 PM »
Motorrad are you running these on your motard. I understand the quicker turning shorter dog bones but  wondering if longer would be an advantage on the street.

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2013, 03:49:48 PM »

I have emig bones on my KTM that have beet across country off road 3 times.  And have over 18,000 miles off road on them..  With ZERO wear...     Needless to say...  Your over thinking / worrying. 
Cool.  Thanks for the reassurance Motorrad!

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2013, 03:50:36 PM »
I just installed my EMIG Racing Dog Bones.........

With the bike on the stand and the rear end unloaded I measured on the left side of the bike using the 8mm seat bolt to the center of the rear axle as reference.  I end up with an additional 10mm of height on the back end using those reference points with the EMIG Racing Dog Bones.  
I did this before/after measurement as well.  I got about 12mm additional height when I measured from the rearmost subframe bolt on the left side.

I just took the bike for a ride, and it definitely turns better with no loss of stability at higher speeds!  NICE!

Offline husky333

« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2014, 09:53:40 AM »
If these dog bones help the bike turn do they also keep the back end on the ground when attacking whoops? I ride mx and my back end seems to kick up under braking and riding whoops is tricky. Ive been adjusting fork height and shock settings but not getting very far.

Offline demographic

« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2014, 10:14:58 AM »
Just had a ratch through my shed and spotted the Pro Circuit dogbones I bought ages ago, been working hard and not making much money for a while now and never even got round to fitting them.
Measured them and sure enough they are 132.5mm between centres.
Recently paid for a rear subframe thats to go onto my "spare" 500 so with luck I'll have two working KX500s when I get the money to sort a few other issues on it. One road titled with supermoto wheels and the other with MX wheels.
As they are both 90 models I'm thinking I might use the road kit for one on the other bike to get it titled for the road as well.

Offline edmyles

« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2015, 09:38:29 AM »
Has anyone tried to install kxf450 07-08 dogbones that are 132.5 stock?

Offline alward25

« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2015, 10:02:16 AM »
The links are a completely different style.  KX450 link will not bolt on or be modified to be bolted on.
"Let there be light"

Offline Chrisgg90

« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2015, 12:54:49 PM »
Hi,

Are these still available and would you post to the UK ?

Thanks

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2015, 02:45:36 PM »
Contact Emig Racing.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Chrisgg90

« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2015, 01:47:03 AM »
Thanks done 👍🏻

Offline swordcombat

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2016, 05:13:54 AM »
Can you make any to fit my kx250 1999?

Offline Alias-Training

« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2016, 12:27:54 PM »
Were the Pro-Circuit dogbonesb 132.5mm as well?