Author Topic: DOGBONES Custom made DOGBONES  (Read 86386 times)

Offline martyestes

Re: DOGBONES Custom made DOGBONES
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2013, 06:04:39 AM »
Ordered today!  I've been having a heck of a time trying to get this bike to turn on a MX track so I am crossing my fingers this helps get me going in the right direction.  Thanks to everyone who helped initiate this.

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2013, 02:38:03 PM »
Ordered today!  I've been having a heck of a time trying to get this bike to turn on a MX track so I am crossing my fingers this helps get me going in the right direction.  Thanks to everyone who helped initiate this.

It helps bro......My K5 is a much nicer beast in the tight stuff.....set up right I'll bet its a mad man on a MX track.
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Motorrad

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2013, 05:43:32 AM »
So how is everyone liking these?

I know I would never go back to stock.

MUCH MUCH better in every day riding,   turns better,  and seems to go through rough junk better.

yet. I dont notice any differance in high speed to speak of.  (Given , My rake angles arnt stock,  and I run a damper)..

the only negative I can speak of.

is.

a short bastard like me,   the k5 is already tall, and hard to kick (why manufacutres didnt follow husky, maico, montesa, bultaco's, KTM's lead and put the kicker on the left side, I will never know.)     the dogbones make it just higher enough to make it a PITA for me to kick on flat ground,    so I now hunt for curbs, ditches, etc

Offline martyestes

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2013, 08:51:20 AM »
Funny - I'm 6'3" and love the increased height.

I ordered a set and it was super easy - 90 bucks plus a modest amount for shipping - arrived in 2 days from MO to CA.  I rode for the first time with them last Friday at a SoCal MX track.  For me, it was a night and day difference.  Finally, I feel like I can ride this bike versus the other way around.

I built this bike ('96) from the ground up and the attitude of the chassis was always off. Pro Circuit revalved and resprung the bike, and they were pretty far off on the rear shock spring. Once I got the proper spring on, it was still riding like a chopper, even with the proper sag. Could not get the bike to turn AT ALL. Also, the front forks were beating me up because the rear was so soft.  With the link, and that extra weight on the front end, it was the final piece of the puzzle.  It fixed the cornering problem, and fixed my front forks also.  What a difference.  For what it's worth, I'm a Vet Intermediate.

Now I just gotta iron out a few more details and I'm dialed to go vintage racing alongside my CR480.   8-)

Thanks to all who were involved in bringing these to market.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:53:05 AM by martyestes »

Motorrad

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2013, 04:43:55 PM »

Thanks to all who were involved in bringing these to market.

Your welcome

Offline conbread

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2013, 11:32:07 PM »
so do we order these from emig racing? i looked all over there site and dont see them... also they have a lot of tripple tree conversions, they should make a complete setup for the kx500 to the kfx250-450 fork setup....

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2013, 11:34:43 PM »
so do we order these from emig racing? i looked all over there site and dont see them... also they have a lot of tripple tree conversions, they should make a complete setup for the kx500 to the kfx250-450 fork setup....

The very 1st post on this thread explains how to get a set....go back to the 1st page on this thread.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2013, 11:38:36 AM »
I'll finally get to see what kind of a difference these make this weekend.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline 1989kawasaki

• my 89 cr250
    • youtube
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »
I'll finally get to see what kind of a difference these make this weekend.

i've been highly anticipating your feedback
bikes

1977 RD400
1989 CR250
1988 CR500
1978 Z50
2009 Harley super glide custom

Offline alward25

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
Its cool when you call to order you talk with Jeff Emig's dad.  Does not usually happen like that.
"Let there be light"

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »
Since I rode in the sand turning isn't a problem for me so I didn't notice any difference.
In the short choppy whoops and the long rolling whoops the rear end hop is all but eliminated.
Get your suspension done, put these dog bones in, and ride with more confidence over the rough stuff then ever before.
Thanks goes to Yodarad for getting these done....
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Hemitkn

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »
Hey, I have a 87 KX250. How would I find out the length of the DMC dogbones? Or what length would work best for my bike?

Thanks Mike

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2013, 05:21:13 PM »
Rode it hard over miles of whoops today.
I couldn't be happier.....  :-)

Offline conbread

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2013, 11:35:23 AM »
orderd mine today.. i hope they work as you guys say and help fix the wondering of these kx500s..  ill test them saturday and will be racing sunday..

Offline Enginerd

• Big Bore Addict!
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2013, 07:05:16 AM »
In the short choppy whoops and the long rolling whoops the rear end hop is all but eliminated.
Get your suspension done, put these dog bones in, and ride with more confidence over the rough stuff then ever before.

Rode it hard over miles of whoops today.
I couldn't be happier.....  :-)

I like recommendations like these!  I ordered a set today!  Can't wait to throw em on the bike!