Author Topic: 03 K5 Fender mod  (Read 2689 times)

Offline JT5HUNDRED

03 K5 Fender mod
« on: August 14, 2012, 04:45:07 AM »
Alright I keep seeing the pics of the straight rear fenders and I really like the look. I've seen a couple discussions on this as well but I havent seen an 03 yet. I dont particularly want to order a fender just to find out that its not gonna work. I'd like to know which straight fender off what year bike will bolt right on to my 03 K5 or atleast have minimal mods to get it done. Thanks

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
KX 500 Rider

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: 03 K5 Fender mod
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:11:56 AM »
Hello.
If your not into trimming, cutting, and fitting, none of them will work.
I have used from 92 KX250 - 07 kx250 rear fenders on my 2K 5K and all required some fitment.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline JT5HUNDRED

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
Hey thanks! Dang, thought there might be a direct bolt on. Guess cutting n drilling it is

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 10:55:35 AM »
Hey thanks! Dang, thought there might be a direct bolt on. Guess cutting n drilling it is

If you follow Motorrads directions in the 2000 fender mod,it's very simple....he gave great detailed pictures where to cut.I used an air whizzer wheel to do the bulk of the cutting,and Dremel to do the fine tuning.It took me less than 15 minutes.

Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ