Author Topic: FMF Gnarly Woods vs Stock Pipe  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Motoroost1

FMF Gnarly Woods vs Stock Pipe
« on: July 19, 2012, 09:25:31 AM »
I have a 2003 K5 that the PO had fitted with a Gnarly Woods pipe and Power Core silencer . When I bought the bike the stock pipe came with it . I find that the Gnarly has good low rpm power but really flattens out in the mid range and up . I've never tried the stock pipe as the upper frame mount was broken off . It's an easy fix to fab up a new mount but I've never taken the time to do it . So , for those that have experience with both pipes , I'm curious how the two compare . Is it worth the time to weld up a new upper mount or is the Gnarly pipe just so much better ?

For refernce , I trail ride the bike . Zero racing other than fooling around with friends .

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: FMF Gnarly Woods vs Stock Pipe
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 09:36:12 AM »
somewhere on here,I can't remember which member...did say they liked the stocker over any other pipe.I know what you mean about the woods pipe signing off super early.I just got a brand new FMF desert two weeks ago to replace my woods pipe,and it's soooo much better.
I would try the stocker...what have you got to lose,at least you'll fix that mount. :-D

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:29:45 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Motoroost1

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »
Do you have any other pictures of the desert pipe ?  I'd like to see how different it is from the woods version .

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 12:34:21 PM »
I'll snap a couple more shots tomorrow that shows the differences....unless someone else has a good pic they can share.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Motoroost1

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 01:06:20 PM »
Perfect . Thank you !

Offline ELRUKO

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »
Get the FMF Desert pipe.  It is smooth on the bottom, accelerates excellent in mid-range, hold on if you get on top.  Sometimes if your jetting is rich you will get a blubber.  I call it the "Wrist Breaker" enough said...  The PC pipe was a good mid-range pipe.  Stock pipe is for tractor work.