Author Topic: kx 500 exhaust help  (Read 1981 times)

Offline troy_68

kx 500 exhaust help
« on: July 19, 2012, 03:58:34 AM »
While jumping my 500 last weekend I cracked my header pipe. So i figure its time to buy a new one, I was wondering if anyone knew of a pipe that would make that 500 sound like it actually has a pair.. I dragged a 450 and from what my friends say they couldnt hear my bike. (I just want a pipe that'll put me around 100 db or so)
Id like to get a pipe that has a spark arrestor even though i do have a bolt on sparky.
Any thoughts? or Ideas?
Troy

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: kx 500 exhaust help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:33:45 AM »
You'll be going backwards if you choose to go with a spark arrestor silencer,they make DBs a little lower...I've never used a "Sparky"(I know what they are),but I'm thinkin it will also cut down on DBs.

The four strokes are just obnoxiously loud....you're only gonna be louder than one if you run no silencer....and unless you're strictly drag racing,I would'nt reccomend it.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline troy_68

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 08:55:10 AM »
Yeah i def need a silencer.. that 450 was louder than me but i did smoke him!!! I ride trails in Baldwin Mi so i need a spark arrestor. I just want a pipe thats a little louder than the one i currently have.. FMF header with a stock silencer.
Troy

Offline troy_68

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »
Anyone know how the pro circuit pipes work?