Author Topic: direction of tire?  (Read 3903 times)

Offline ebers17

• RaceShotz Photography and WNY Harescramble Forum
direction of tire?
« on: April 28, 2005, 09:25:44 AM »
I just got a new rear kenda millville.  I know its direction can go both ways, but which way should i mount it.  it sort of makes a cup shape almost. Seth
MSR, Steel MX Optics, FCR Suspension, MotoOption, Budget Racing, Bulmans Cycle Center, RaceShotz.net

Offline Spider

direction of tire?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 10:56:51 AM »
The millville is marked on the sidewall, One way intermediate terrain the other soft. I have mine on intermediate and it works well and seems to last

Offline alan

• Administrator
direction of tire?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 10:57:05 AM »
I always run them one way for 6 months and then turn them around so they have crisp sharp edges forward again! Then time for a new one again!

Alan
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

hoopty

direction of tire?
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 12:19:46 PM »
Quote from: alan
I always run them one way for 6 months and then turn them around so they have crisp sharp edges forward again! Then time for a new one again!

Alan

You get 6 months out of a 500 tire?  :shock:

Remember, I only ride desert sand and dunes!
Also remember I am an old Fart! :lol:

Offline KXcam22

direction of tire?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 12:50:55 PM »
My Millville has been my best wearing intermediate tire to date.  I got a season out of my last one, decent traction right to the bitter end (even in the early winter snow).  It survived a day in a rock park that previously had totally destroyed my brand new D752 (bigtime missing knobs).  I've become a Millville fan. The millville front is excellent too.  As a pair they noticeably improve cornering and tracking. Cam.

Brett

direction of tire?
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 09:55:32 PM »
I also bought a millville and after 3 tankfulls it is extremely eroded.  I installed in soft direction as most of the riding here in perth is sandy as although coming into winter so by the time i spin it the ground will be much harder and the intermediate direction will be appropriate.  6 months out of a rear? that is amazing do you wear it out to a slick?  does anyone sharpen their blocks with a tyre groover?

Offline KXcam22

direction of tire?
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 03:36:17 AM »
Brett,
     You probably put more hours on than I do in 6 months.  Also your sand might be more abrasive than the dirt in my area.   I did a 3 day 300 mile flat out single track ride last season through everything possible and the tire came through like a champ, not too much noticable wear.  Mind you that tire was one of the old ones that still said "unadilla" on the side.  I put a new "Millville" on this winter but haven't tried it yet.  I did notice the tire was a slightly different, same 120 size tire was lighter, narrower in the carcass and across the knobs by 1/2".  Hopefully it will stand up, maybe they changed the rubber?  Cam.

Rowdy-Yates

direction of tire?
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 05:11:07 PM »
I hope you dont do that with a paddle tire alan LOL