Author Topic: Went to the track today  (Read 2504 times)

Offline DeadRinger

Went to the track today
« on: June 15, 2012, 08:50:14 AM »
First time in years. Got arm pump in like 10 sec. Blast to be out in Adalanto ca. Ill have to post the vid. -DR
This box should be one line.

Offline DeadRinger

Re: Went to the track today
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 06:39:13 AM »
I need to get a new rear tire. Has a blast riding with some friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D3WvofOppM&feature=youtu.be

Offline NZ500

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 10:01:31 AM »
Cool. Fast track. You wouldn't want to be stuck behind a 500 with that many rocks!

Offline Polar-Bus

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 09:37:30 PM »
First time in years. Got arm pump in like 10 sec. Blast to be out in Adalanto ca. Ill have to post the vid. -DR

Awesome !  I got arm pump just watching the vid ! LOL   As you progress with your 500 you will notice the arm pump lessen. Arm pump was always a huge issue with me, as i'm not a big guy. A few tips, down about 4 Ibuprofins an hour befor you ride, this will thin your blood and minimise muscle fatigue. When you travel down the straights give your arms a break and squeeze the bike with your thighs. Nerveousness is the main factor for arm pump, so try to relax. As you gain speed and hit the downside of all the table jumps you will also have far less fatigue. The KX is NOT a MX track weapon, but you can go fast. The key to go fast with the 500 is to actually slow down and short shift and lug the engine . Too much wheel spin (I know it's the nature of the beast with the KX500) is just wasting hp and gaining rider fatigue. Good luck !
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 07:58:18 AM »
Great post Polar! And very cool to the OP.

Offline DeadRinger

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 07:26:02 PM »
lol I did take a few Ibuprofins before i went out. I assume it helped. Thought of loosening up in the straights too. After a few corners it was all nerves but I had a blast cant wait to get back out. The are 3 tracks at that place and another track a few miles away. The high desert is full of places to ride.