Author Topic: well nuts spins in the subframe  (Read 2681 times)

Offline dieselbeef

well nuts spins in the subframe
« on: June 13, 2012, 01:20:49 AM »
any ideas? got em out but not puttin em back n. the wellnut is still in there but it just spins around. cant takc it since dissemmlar metals..

gonna try loctite and see what heppens..itll suck if they go in and cant get em out. they only hold the sideplates on so i guess i could...drill em trhu and use a nut on the insdie but i really didnt wanna make another area for that crappy subframe to crack. i already had to weld it soild where the chain rubs thur

btw i did shorten the silencer since i saw it on here and it is an awesome mod

thanks
gary

Offline dieselbeef

Re: well nuts spins in the subframe
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:20:01 AM »
ttt.............

Offline alward25

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 06:57:18 AM »
You can get new rivnuts from kawasaki.  Napa makes a sweet tool but it is a little spendy.  But, worth its weight in gold.
"Let there be light"

Offline awak100

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 02:07:25 PM »
alward25, 1st I didnt no a person could get new revnuts.  this tool your talking about what installs them?  Can you tell me more?

Offline dieselbeef

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:49:52 PM »
well i hated to do it but i started to drill the head off so i figured it would push in. i had a new nut but it wouldnt lock in ...got one from the local shop...so i had to drill the top off of it..now there is 2 of em inside the subframe..i drilled thru the backside and put a nut on it...pita but at least its one i can get to...

Offline Seneca Jim

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 02:24:45 AM »
I used JB weld to stop a couple of mine from spinning and it worked good. I also bought some from rocky mountain ATV but haven't gotten the tool yet.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 12:12:30 AM by Seneca Jim »

Offline don46

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 07:03:28 AM »
usually, once they spin the hole gets oversized and a new one won't crimp in so you have to weld up the hole and redrill, then install the rev nut. I got my tool at Mcmaster Carr
Live today, for tomorrow may never come