Author Topic: Widest rear tire. typical supermoto setup  (Read 12711 times)

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
Re: Widest rear tire. typical supermoto setup
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 12:19:45 PM »
shouldn't worry too much USMC, I've been working on my own stuff, drunk, blunted, and you can tick the mind in gutter box too..........now where did I leave that motorbike???
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline Millertime

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 08:51:30 AM »
Most guys that put 17's on a converted MX bike go with a 4.25in rim in the rear and run a 150 tire as you run into the least headaches as apposed to try and squeeze a 160 in. My suggestion is run the 150 with a non o-ring chain and you shouldnt have to do much if any adjusting. But if you do you can dish the rim to the caliper side a bit or if you need a durastic fix guys use an addition chain guide to route the chain or spacers on the sprockets as suggested. Also some guys will just shave the chain side of the tire before they put them on to prevent rubbing.

Keep in mind that if you have two tires the same size it doesnt necessarily mean their widths are the same, some tires are wider than others. If i remeber correctly the michelins tend to be on the wider side.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:53:49 AM by Millertime »

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 11:47:52 AM »
Place I called a about doing mine knew the KX5 setup and said they offset the rim .25" and use a 150. Trouble free is a good thing!
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...