Author Topic: aluminum bar mount cones  (Read 2366 times)

mikesmith

aluminum bar mount cones
« on: September 10, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »
I think Paul runs the aluminum bar mount cones instead of the rubber stock ones and said they help cut vibration compared to the rubber ones,is thatright Paul?Any one have any thing good or bad to say about them,my bars a creaking so I was thinking of switching to the aluminum ones but dont want to pick up vibration from them.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
aluminum bar mount cones
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 08:02:14 AM »
I love my Fastco solid mounts. I'll never go with the rubber stuff again. They give the front a very solid feel and with my Pro Tapers vibration is down noticibly

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
aluminum bar mount cones
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Paul
I love my Fastco solid mounts. I'll never go with the rubber stuff again. They give the front a very solid feel and with my Pro Tapers vibration is down noticibly

Ditto, I ordered them from Monkey Butt, but Dennis Kirk has them too. Yes, they cut down the vibes noticibly. Infact, I don't even know the diffrence between my 250 and 500, except arm pull.  :lol:

mikesmith

aluminum bar mount cones
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 09:37:57 PM »
Thanks guys!Guess Ill get some.

Offline KXcam22

aluminum bar mount cones
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 03:32:43 AM »
Paul,
  What is the best way (cheapest?) to mount pro-tapers.  Can you keep to stock top tripple clamp. Cam.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
aluminum bar mount cones
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 03:45:24 AM »
Cam, yes, I kept my stock upper clamp and replaced the cones with aluminum. You can purchase oversized mounts that just insert into the stock tripple clamp. I also raised mine by .5mm or something like that.

Offline KXcam22

aluminum bar mount cones
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 07:28:28 AM »
Gabe,
  Who supplied your mounts. I am thinking I might convert to the pro-tapers this winter. Cam.

mikesmith

aluminum bar mount cones
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 07:44:25 AM »
Try Dennis Kirk or www.motosport.com,there a little less than $50.00 and you can get stock height or +10mm.