Author Topic: power valve shaft circlip  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Podium Werx

power valve shaft circlip
« on: June 24, 2012, 05:37:14 AM »
Hi having problems with power valve shaft circlip which comes off giving you no power, I fitted new clip but still came off half way though a race, going to check the shaft for wear or maybe the spool is worn checked the power valve for over pushing but seems ok    any help please thanks Brian
  • [/tt]

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
Re: power valve shaft circlip
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:52:51 AM »
There is also a small hardened pin that holds shaft from moving thats in the case under the small phillips head screw. If your shaft moves left and right, it will allow the arm to come out from behind the double washer deal. I don't know if that would ever make the circlip come off, but would diconnct the power valve from working.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 12:09:48 PM »
Hi having problems with power valve shaft circlip which comes off giving you no power, I fitted new clip but still came off half way though a race, going to check the shaft for wear or maybe the spool is worn checked the power valve for over pushing but seems ok    any help please thanks Brian
  • [/tt]

The new clip you installed....was it an OEM Kawie clip?....or one you got out of an assorted clip kit?.This is one of those areas that I've found that ONLY OEM is the way to go.The ones that come in a kit,or bought separately at a hardware store just don't seem to "seat" correctly like the OEM's.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Podium Werx

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 06:15:39 AM »
yes it was in a kit i have, will try a kawasaki clip thanks for the tip

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 06:34:46 AM »
yes it was in a kit i have, will try a kawasaki clip thanks for the tip

If for some reason a new OEM clip does'nt cure it,then you know the clip groove in the rod is sacked out....but I'm thinkin putting on a new OEM clip will fix your problem......and I say this,because I've never yet seen a clip groove wear out while using OEMs.... but in the same breath,I can see improperly fitted clips wearing out grooves over time.Good luck...keep us posted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:45:32 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ