Author Topic: side number plate burnthru  (Read 2229 times)

Offline dieselbeef

side number plate burnthru
« on: April 19, 2012, 11:48:46 PM »
keep burning thru  on the right side from the pipe..any ideas...?

Offline dieselbeef

Re: side number plate burnthru
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 12:03:58 AM »
ant ideas here..nobody else is rubbing burning thru on the right side number plate

Offline turdle

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 12:29:08 AM »
what year bike? do you have all of the gaskets and rubber bumpers correct?

Offline dieselbeef

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 12:30:53 AM »
its a 95..fmf gnarly...melts thru..this must be my 4th plate..gettin to be a pita.

all the brkts are on it and it firts pretty good so im a a bit of a loss..gonna wrap it i guess..much as i hate to

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 12:56:43 AM »
Are you sure you have both rubber bumpers installed as Turdle mentioned?....there's one towards the back that buffers the silencer,and one in between the vents of the side plate at about 11 o'clock from the shock resevoir.I have a 95,and have never melted through a plate.You could have a bent subframe,or pipe...or combo of both.Someone has'nt tried stacking washers on the mounts to prevent the silencer from rubbing on the tire,have they...another thing to check.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline dieselbeef

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 02:44:30 AM »
ya know what..the bumper isnt on there..couldve fell off and then it burned thru?!!!! i totally forgot about that rubber piece. just pushes into a hole right. ill see about glueing the new ones in when i order the new side plate...now to find a white sideplate

the pipe and the brkts all fit pretty good. even the connection dont drool so i think probly i lost the rubber first...

alright then thanks

gary

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 04:47:35 AM »
As long as nothing is bent like you believe,then yeah...the bumpers should cure your problem.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ