Author Topic: kx 100 - what electrical parts from 06+ work with 05-?  (Read 2442 times)

Offline squeak

kx 100 - what electrical parts from 06+ work with 05-?
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »
so here's my situation.. i just got done building a stroker motor for my 05 kx100, after i got the crank in and the case halves put back together i realized that the right side end took a left hand thread nut instead of a lock ring, got to looking and realized that i somehow ended up with the crank for an 06+. i figured it was a minor set back and ordered the left hand thread nut and wend on with the build. i got everything put together yesterday and it wouldnt start. so i checked for all the major stuff. its got spark, fuel, compression, and a brand new plug. pulled the magneto and checked to make sure the key hadn't fallen out and that all of that was straight. surfed around ronayers fiche and form their drawing it looks like the key in the 06+ crank is 90 degrees off from where the key in the 05- is. the stator, magneto, and cdi box all have different part numbers. my question is are any of the parts close enough to be interchangable, or will i have to replace all 3 of them(or rebuild the motor with the right crank)?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:06:29 PM by squeak »

Offline Sapper

Re: kx 100 - what electrical parts from 06+ work with 05-?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »
stator, cdi and flywheel are different on 01- 05 to 06+. If you got an 06 crank, you will need the mentioned parts from an 06+