Author Topic: KX500 Embroidery  (Read 37487 times)

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
KX500 Embroidery
« on: March 18, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
Was playing around with the embroidery software and made this up. Put a 7" version on the back of one of my shirts. Took an hour and a half to stitch! 37K plus stitches.
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
Re: KX500 Embroidery
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 01:21:41 PM »
HA HA HA that would make a bad ass sticker!!

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 06:21:07 PM »
I want one! That is awesome.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline tcoop474

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 01:47:26 AM »
If you wanted to make some to sell I'd be interested! My embroidery machine messed up a long time ago software crashed on the computer and don't have the backup disk to restore it lol.
86 k5 Pro Circuit Exhaust, bored .30 over all i know about it,
(restoration)
89 trx250r bored 68mm, Lrd exhaust, boyesen reeds, nacs graphics, k&n filter and more, currently under going complete rebuild.
87 trx250r bare frame (restoration)

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 11:40:16 AM »
Got to revise it some as it was breaking thread by going back over, and over, area's. Not sure what is going on there. I made a few other patterns but have not put them on anything yet. The worst part is baby sitting the machine for an hour and a half to make sure it has thread, has not broken thread, bla, bla, bla. If I get to where they are not so user un-friendly to make I will post about it and may be willing to make some if you guys want.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 03:51:05 AM »
what was the out come of this Brute?...too much of a pain in the a$$?....I'd love to get one, as I'm sure several of us would too!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 07:12:23 PM »
Hmmm. Had a computer go down with the stuff on it and just in the last couple weeks got most loaded up on the new one. Have not messed with the embroidery designs for some time as the computer was dying. Let me see if I still have the thumb drive with the info for this on on it. You looking for a patch or something on a shirt?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 10:33:34 PM »
something along the lines of what you posted would be cool...I'm ok with it being a patch if it makes your life easier. I'm lookin for something to put on a riding jersey, so a patch would probably be the way to go.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 05:47:25 AM »
I DO have the files so should be able to plug into the machine and sew these out. I can change colors easily and sizes fairly easy.
The one I took the picture of was a 7" on the back of a shirt as an experiment. While it stitched out ok, I nicked the shirt while cutting a thread, then later washed it without thinking about it and tossed it in the dryer. the thread is all cotton and when it shrinks it wrinkles the pattern all up. Oops. Patches don't usually shrink up because the backing material is stiff enough it will hold the shape even when washed.
Was working on a crossed up dirt bike shadow image when I put it all aside and the computer started acting up.
For me, after doing it I decided I would not wear the 'finger' image out in public as it is a bit rude. I don't want some kids mom not letting her kid talk to me about riding because of my patch. Just me. I would be glad to do either patches or jacket/shirt. I will look into patch material with an iron on back as well.
Between the last update to the program and the length of time it has been since I worked with it I am having to relearn to use the program. Sucks!

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 05:53:59 AM »
excellent!...I'm thinkin 7"ish would be plenty big enough...iron on sounds like a possibility, how well do you think an iron on would hold up on the back of a Fox riding jersey?
I'm totally unfamiliar with the process...so forgive my lack of knowledge...but I do like how it looks.

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 07:01:36 AM »
Iron on patches is just an adhesive added to the back of the patch. Most of the time they get ironed on then a few hand stitches are put in just to secure the edges a bit more. Iron on's usually start lifting and coming off in time. At work there is quite a 'patch' network and all the ones I have seen are sew on only. Usually hand sewn on.
The other option is direct embroidery sewing onto the jacket. It has to be 'hooped' (as does all fabric, patch or otherwise) which is a frame with an inner and outer clamping piece to hold it tight. A backing material (stabilizer) is put on the inside and stretched with the fabric so it is tight or it will not stitch out well. When it is done stitching the extra stabilizer fabric is removed.
Patches are easier in one way. If the machine messes up while stitching out, you loose a patch. If it does it on a jacket you are pulling out the stitches at best. The worse is it cuts the fabric while messing up. Let me run some patches and see how they turn out.
Looks like I did not post a picture of the small patch I made a while back. Here it is. Any colors can be used.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:03:44 AM by Brute »

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 07:08:51 AM »
cool... thanks Brute, sounds like the patch will be the way to go for me.
I'll take the time to think of a color combo while you're running some tests.

Offline Goat

• Ride it like you stole it!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 05:08:36 PM »
What about replacing the hand with the Punisher skull or variant of it. I never thought about someone not wanting their kids to communicate with us over the finger on our jersey. I still want one but I'll put it on something else. So if you make a friendlier version I'll take one or 2 of those as well.
It's hard to keep a drivers license riding a 2 stroke dirt bike on the street.  If you drive within the law they are VERY boring.

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 04:22:49 AM »
Whew! Took a bit but got some patches and a skull cap made. Not happy with the patch edges yet but may not get any better with what I have. Put an fusible (put on with an iron) adhesive back on them. Never used it before so can not say how well it works  :-o

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 05:44:05 AM »
What about replacing the hand with the Punisher skull or variant of it. I never thought about someone not wanting their kids to communicate with us over the finger on our jersey. I still want one but I'll put it on something else. So if you make a friendlier version I'll take one or 2 of those as well.

2+ 
"Endeavor to persevere."