Author Topic: 97 fork tube loosening.  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Seneca Jim

97 fork tube loosening.
« on: March 17, 2012, 08:37:52 AM »
Hello All. I've been a member of this forum for almost 2 years and this is my first post. I go to you guys for help when I have a problem with my bike and have learned a lot from you all. I bought my bike 2 years ago. I rode 2-strokes when I was a kid and got out of them 25-30 yrs. ago and wanted another. The bike I have is an 97 frame w/ a 93 motor. I been having a problem with the forks for a while now. One of the lower tubes keeps unthreading itself from the cast part that holds the front axle. Any ideas on how to fix this? I don't think I can post any pics yet as this is my first post on here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.   Jim

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
Re: 97 fork tube loosening.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 08:43:54 AM »
if your threads are still ok I'd consider blue loctite, or replacement, you don't want to lose the front hoop at 60......K.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline Seneca Jim

Re: 97 fork tube loosening.
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 06:47:55 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I thought about thread-lok but wasn't sure if there was something mechanical that was missing like a set screw or something. Thanks again. Jim