Author Topic: Piston Anybody ???  (Read 2301 times)

Offline lifeishp

Piston Anybody ???
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:07:49 PM »
So I just made a custom intake with boost bottle hookup for my hillclimber and when I had the intake off I noticed that the pistons getting the usual y crack in the skirt. So its time for a new piston. I'd like to get a forged piston so I can window it but at this point I don't really care but it would be prefered. I don't have that much money so I'm only looking to spend about $100 on a piston. Does anybody know where I could get one for that amount ? I know its pretty cheap but I figured I'd ask. Or does anybody have a spare that they'd sell me. Its just the std 86mm bore. I f anybody could help me out that'd be great, thanks for looking !

Motorrad

Re: Piston Anybody ???
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 03:17:36 PM »
Iike to see a pic of your old piston..   

Sorry.. No help with a n?w one

Offline lifeishp

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »
ok i'll take a pic when i pull the cylinder. its funny i pulled the cylinder on my cr 500 today and its got a crack in the same place but its just a single crack. i checked clearances and its fine. the piston only has maybe ten hours on it if that. its a pro x which i thought was a good cast brand of piston. looks like i'm gonna have to try my luck with wiseco again which means i'm gonna be paying like $140 for a piston if i'm lucky. what kind of pistons do you guys run ? and has anybody heard of mahle pistons ? my friends 92 ktm 500 had one in it. i've also seen i think elko pistons ?

Offline alward25

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
Wossner, I get a good price, I will double check price with shipping in the morning.  I was going to buy a few and window them.
"Let there be light"

Offline kwakman

• Kwikasfuki KX500
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 02:48:11 AM »
Mahle are a good brand, dunno if they do a K5 though.K.
And lo, I did loft the front wheel and carried it forth to the unbelievers, and cast it down before them and said unto them ''look now upon the might of my throttle control ye pitiful cretinous ones''
And the unbelievers did quake in their boots....

Offline royceymon@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 08:10:25 AM »
we had the biggest mahle tennex factory in europe until they moved lock stock and barrel to some cheapo country recently just outside of salisbury where i live ,i believe they had a good reputation....but you cannot beat wiseco even if there a bit more expensive they are worth it ,you can get more hours out of them and ive never had a problem i always use them over stock items (apart from the factory pistons on my jan de groot motor) perhaps its cheaper and safer in the long run getting more life out of one