Author Topic: Bar end vibration dampers - GPR vs Fasstco  (Read 6708 times)

NVR-FNSH

Bar end vibration dampers - GPR vs Fasstco
« on: January 28, 2003, 11:21:00 AM »
Anybody got any real life comparison testing with both of these?  Destry Abbot runs the GPRs (or at least he did in the DB article).  I've heard decent things about the Fasstco's from other folks.  I'll be running handguards as well.

I run KTM Magura bars (protaper copy) with Thumper Racing +1" bar risers on my bike.

Brian

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 11:34:03 AM »
No comparison data, but I run the GPR's on ProTapers (KX Hi) with Fastway solid aluminum bar mounts and Acerbis Pro Rally II. Some of the best $60 I've spent, really knocks the vibration down.

Suicycle

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 12:55:01 PM »
if it kills any vibs i need it.  just after i finish on all the things that make it faster.  i wouldnt know how to drive the bike if i had feeling in my arms.  and i think the vibs are worse now after i cut the stock bars down 1.5"  really helps in my mind the handeling.  never could get used to the wide parachute feeling in 4th and 5th gear.

JAYFARMLAW

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 05:32:56 AM »
can you still run these with bark busters

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2003, 05:43:59 AM »
Yes, i run them with Acerbis Pro Rally II's
Quote from: JAYFARMLAW
can you still run these with bark busters

sdkx500

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2003, 06:43:56 AM »
fastco website lists destry as using their product.  CHeck out those new flex bars....wacked

http://www.fasstco.com/html/flexx_bars.html

sdkx500

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2003, 05:01:25 AM »
I bought a set of the Fastco anti vibration iserts.  I rode yesterday with them in a set of Protaper bars.  I believe it took about 30-40% of the vibration out.  I didnt stop to shake my hands out for once!

:mrgreen:

Rick

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2003, 02:12:42 AM »
I received a set of the Fasst units free a year ago, and was a non-believer.  Best thing I have ever used to dampen the vibration.  Don't really care how "free" they were, if they didn't work, they would be in a pile in the shop.  

Currently, I run the Pro Tapers, Fasst units, +1 bar towers, and stock rubber bar mounts.  Never used the GPR's, but I am sure they are on the same principle.  Either way, I am positive you will not regret the purchase.  This one is like the reed spacer, a must have.

Next best thing to truing the crank.

Rick

husqrider

bar dampeners with bark busters
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2003, 03:09:26 AM »
I WAS CURIOUS WHAT BAR DAMPENERS WOULD BE LIKE WITH ALUM. BARK BUSTERS THAT ARE MOUNTED WITH TRIPLE CLAMP MOUNTS INSTEAD OF MOUNTED TO THE BARS. I RUN MOOSE "BIG BARS" DICK BURLESON BEND ( CR HIGH - 1.5" SHORTER) , BARK BUSTERS WITH CYCRA PLASTIC GUARDS. I GUESS WHAT I AM THINKING IS WITH THE BARK BUSTERS MOUNTED AT THE TRIPLE CLAMP, WILL THAT TAKE AWAY THE EFFECTIVNESS OF THE DAMPENERS? I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THOUGHTS ON THIS   THANKS

Rick

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2003, 08:55:37 AM »
Hmmm, good question.  I would think that you should still get some benefit, even if not the full-meal-deal.  If it were me, the cost is low enough to try.

Rick

husqrider

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2003, 06:10:39 AM »
took advice and ordered a set of Fasstco vib dampeners. had some tax refund $  leftover after paying off some bills and couldnt think of a better place to spend it than my 500.  Talked with Chris at Fasstco he was super nice and said they offer 100% satisfaction guaranty,  pretty cool  cant wait to try them!